First I must apologise for not commenting on everyone's blogs, for some unknown reason, I am having problems with Blogger. I even managed to lose Lily's comment from my last post, the other three showed up and Lily's just disappeared completely!! Sorry Lily, X.
Now on to my project . . . my kitchen stools.
First I removed the top from the base.
Then proceeded to remove all the staples . . . I found they come out easier if I lift with a screw driver UNDER the fabric.
So many to remove, stabbed myself twice, so if you are attempting this make sure your hands are clear of the ruddy screwdriver . . . it hurts and there's lots of blood!!
I made a pattern using the previous cover and double checked all my measurements.
Cut out the pattern, pinned and sewed the two end panels in place.
Pulled it over the top and stapled it down, then cut a square of black fabric, folded the ends under and stapled it to cover the raw edges.
Then screwed the top back on the base . . . and hey presto, my finished stools.