Sometime ago, I put together a hybrid, using a Volks Cyndy body with a Napi Doll Rogebell head, but never quite got round to completing her. Then recently, after putting an April Story Ishyllia on layaway, I decided to make these two SD girls my Steampunk sisters. They are a good size, which will allow me to put a good amount of detail into their costuming.
I have had some lovely striped silk pieces sitting in my stash for years, just waiting for the right project to come along and I knew they would be perfect for my Steampunk theme. I began by sketching a couple of different designs, one with knee length pants, the other without. Then, after ordering some coordinating crepe de chine to compliment the striped silk and some gorgeous boots from Etsy in similar tones, my thoughts turned to their hats.
Millinery has always been something I have loved making, and before long my hands had began busily working on these ~
Surprisingly, everything I used, I had on hand and I am pleased with the way they have turned out, although I may still add an embellishment here or there, depending on how they look with the rest of their costumes when completed.