I wanted to make a sceptre in a suitable size for a RealFee to use, but it had to be a tall one, at least head height. So with an idea formed, it was back into my stash where I found three pretty acrylic Christmas tree decorations, one clear, one red and one blue. Then I came across a packet of 6mm doweling, a couple of packets of Primo and a little sack of Swarovski crystals.
Having found the perfect items, I began by cutting the doweling to the right length, then made a long bead from the Primo. I baked it in the oven while on a piece of the dowel, as I wasn't sure if the Primo would shrink during the baking process, making the hole too small.
Once the bead was cool, I inserted the narrow part of the clear decoration into the bead as far as it would go, then using my glue gun, I put a squirt of glue into the other end of the bead and pushed the dowel in tight, making sure everything was aligned straight. When the glue was dry, I gave the bead and dowel a couple of coats of gold acrylic paint.
More time was allowed for the paint to dry, before I glued the crystals on. I think it's not a bad result for a few hours of pottering. :)