I've been working on My Pretty Topsy Tail and decided to open her head up so I could remove all the hair that was still protruding through her scalp. Unlike many of the recent vinyl dolls who have tensioned hair, this doll had looped/stitched hair so it was difficult to remove the stubble any other way.
You can see there was quite a bit to remove and it took me hours and by the time I had finished, my poor fingers were so sore from using the haemostats.
Having opened up her head, I figured rather than painting her eyes, I could now insert acrylic eyes. I would have preferred glass eyes, but I think they will be far too heavy to hold in place.
It took some doing cutting through the vinyl, it was quite thick, but eventually it was done.
I also gave her head a final wipe over with the acetone to remove the paint residue that didn't come off before because of the remaining stubble. Next step will be doing her face up.