1. Do you collect anything other than dolls? Yes, teddy bears, books and odd pieces of antique furniture. And fabric of course!
2. Why did you start a doll blog? I wanted to write a journal of sorts and have a place where I could share photos and day to day happenings with my long time friend Diane, who lives in the country and my favourite aunt in the UK. Though with the addition of more dolls, it's evolved quite considerably into what it is today. Blogging has opened up a new world filled with other likeminded people, who I really enjoy chatting with almost on a day to day basis.
3. Do you have one particular doll that is the favourite in your collection? Not one in particular, more like PukiFees in general, they seem to like following me around the house a lot and I often find myself talking to them when no-one else is around. I'm sure if anyone, other than a dolly person, saw me they would think I was completely bonkers!!
4. Your favourite doll accessory? This one's an easy one to answer . . . shoes and wigs, I have a pretty great selection of both. I consider myself to be the Imelda Marcos of dolls shoes. The PukiFees have the most shoes and wigs, but the others have their fair share too.
5. Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection (you don't have to tell the number of course)? Yes I do, but I dare not mention it here. I began by telling hubby I will just order one, a PukiFee and of course everyone knows you can't possibly stop at one PukiFee!! I have made a firm decision though . . . I WILL STOP THE PF's AT AN EVEN DOZEN. You may notice I said little about all the others. :)
6. Do you play any instruments and if so, what? No, but I always wished I had learned to play the piano when I was young. Unfortunately, at my age now, I don't have the patience to sit still long enough and practice every day, so we have a pianola instead. My hubby usually plays it on Sundays and there is something quite relaxing about the tinkle of the ivories.
7. Where is your most favourite place you've ever been? I have travelled overseas, but nothing compares to Australia, there is so much to see and do here. I enjoy the warmth of Queensland in the winter, cruising on the Paddle Steamers along the Murray River, the Blue Mountains of New South Wales, the wonderful beaches of Western Australia, especially those around Albany and Denmark, the fine restaurants and live music venues of Melbourne, but most of all the quiet pace and scenery of Tasmania.
|Gardens just outside of Burnie|
|Between Derby and Bridport|
8. What is your most favourite thing about yourself? My imagination!
9. Favourite book or movie? This is a hard one to pin down, but I do like reading about fashion designers from the past, and watching movies that take you back to your childhood, or another world. More recent movies I enjoyed were ~ "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" and it's sequel, I have to admit I am very partial to movies with Dame Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and Bill Nighy in them, and having all three together in one film is absolutely superb!
10. If you could design your own doll, what would it look like? It would probably be an older girl or young lady who was tall, slender and elegant, so I could dress her in something really stunning.
Now I am supposed to tag five more people, as always, no pressure to do it if you're not into doing these things, after all they are supposed to be fun! Here we go in alphabetical order ~
Alasse at the Wayward Inn
Alejandra at Fantasy Woods
Lene at Dustbunnie's Dusty Doll Dungeon
Lily at Genwaku
Sam at Days of Our Little Lives
If you are interested in playing along (and this is for anyone else who enjoys these and wasn't tagged as well), the questions are:
1. Do you collect anything other than dolls?
2. Why did you start a doll blog?
3. Do you have one particular doll that is the favourite in your collection?
4. Your favourite doll accessory?
5. Do you know exactly how many dolls you have in your collection (you don't have to tell the number of course)?
6. Do you play any instruments and if so, what?
7. Where is your most favourite place you've ever been?
8. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
9. Favourite book or movie?
10. If you could design your own doll, what would it look like?